You may preregister with our office by filling out our secure online Patient Registration Form. After you have completed the form, please make sure to press the Submit button at the bottom to automatically send us your information. On your first visit to our office, we will have your completed form available for your signature. The security and privacy of your personal data is one of our primary concerns and we have taken every precaution to protect it.
TMJ/ TMD Questionnaire
Please fill this form out and bring it with you to your consultation if you are having your jaw joint evaluated.
Medical Appointment Authorization for a Minor
Medical Treatment Authorization for a Minor
What to expect for your consultation appointment
Your Dentist has referred you to Dr. Fenton for the oral surgery portion of your dental treatment plan.
● Your referral will be transferred to Dr Fenton by email, fax, or mail
● Call Bristol Oral Surgery and Implant Center (860-540-4220) to schedule a consultation
● Complete the online patient registration
● You can also submit supporting documents after submitting the registration or by email to [email protected]
○ insurance cards, picture identification, radiographs, referral letters, consent forms, guardianship paperwork, etc
● If you have a Teledentistry consultation (via GotoMeeting):
please make sure you have good internet connectivity, lighting, and a working microphone and webcam. Medical and Dental history will be reviewed, limited examination performed, and discussion of pertinent information related to your needs
● Day of your procedure:
○ Call the office (860-540-4220) upon arrival to be escorted into the facility
○ Document signatures will be obtained
○ Examination and Treatment Plan will be finalized
○ Procedures may be performed and home care / follow instructions will be provided
● After your procedure: contact Dr Fenton with any concerns or questions, and notify the office if you start to have any COVID symptoms within 14 days of the appointment
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify our office as soon as possible. Appointments without sedation/ anesthesia services require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation to be rescheduled. Appointments with sedation/ anesthesia services require at least 72 hours (3 business days) notice for cancellation to be rescheduled.
If insufficient notice, or no notice for appointment cancellation is provided, your appointment may not be rescheduled. You will be allowed to be added to our “same day only” list for appointment rescheduling. This means that appointments without sedation/ anesthesia services will only be allowed to be scheduled on the same day as the appointment if availability exists. Appointments without sedation/ anesthesia services will only be allowed to be scheduled the day prior to the appointment if availability exists. Patients that do not comply with sedation/ anesthesia preoperative instructions will be offered the procedure without sedation, or their appointment will be considered as a cancellation with insufficient notice.
We understand that “same day” appointments are frequently not available, so it is extremely important to honor your scheduled appointment, or provide sufficient notice. Exceptions will be made for medical emergencies with a Doctor’s note.
Details to Expect for your Surgical Appointment
● Administrative staff will confirm your pharmacy and insurance information, an evening follow up phone number, and your escort’s name and relationship, if applicable. Follow up appointments will be scheduled if applicable
● You will be asked to use the restroom, even if you feel that you do not need to (if you are having IV sedation)
In the Treatment Room
● You will be seated in the treatment chair, adjusted to your comfort. Head rest, arm rests, back and foot supports are all adjustable
● Your escort will be seated in the guest chair, if applicable
● A Pandora music station will be created based on your preference
● Clinical staff will confirm your understanding of the surgical plan, and obtain consent signature(s) if applicable
● You will be administered a preparatory mouth rinse (1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide, or 0.12% chlorhexidine)
● If you are not being sedated, you will be given 800 mg ibuprofen if not contraindicated, and a topical gel will be applied to partially numb the area where local anesthesia will be administered
● If sedation is planned, monitors will be applied (Blood pressure cuff on the right arm, Oxygen sensor on the left hand, ECG sensors on the shoulders and left torso, CO2 sensor nasal cannula tubing looped on your nose, ears, and neck)
● If nitrous oxide or IV sedation is planned, a mask will be placed over your nose to allow you to passively inhale the anxiety reducing gas and oxygen
● To establish IV access, the site will be cleaned with an alcohol pad, then sprayed with a skin refrigerant that will temporarily and partially numb the skin for IV insertion
● A surgical “time out” will be performed to confirm the correct patient and procedure information, and loose arm straps will be applied right before administering the medication that will make you unconscious
● You may feel disoriented if anesthesia was administered, that will resolve quickly
● Your mouth will have gauze applying pressure to the surgical site(s)
● Clinical staff will provide written and verbal postoperative instructions, including a postoperative bag with instructions handouts, a reusable Hot/Cold pack, and extra gauze
● If sedated, when you are deemed safe and ready for discharge, your escort will be directed to bring their vehicle to the side exit door to pick you up. Clinical staff will escort you to the vehicle and assist you in getting seated and securing your seatbelt
● If not sedated, you will be escorted to the reception area for financial and scheduling needs